The Communications PWG was formed in January 2022, with six main purposes:
- Review and respond to developments in emergency response and crisis management from a perspective of the communication implications
- Provide representatives to support stakeholder groups and contribute to consultations
- Identify and share emergency and crisis communication best practice
- Undertake work or research to move the discussion on crisis communication and the practice of emergency communication forward
- Develop learning opportunities to support CPD
- Develop links across EPS PWGs and with communication professional bodies eg PRCA, CIPR
The Communications PWG aims to cover all aspects of communication including media, social media, internal communication, and stakeholder communication.
Below is a list of committee contact information.
- To represent the Emergency Planning Society (EPS) on Communication related activities. (Communication means media management, internal communication, social media and PR)
- To report the activities from the Comms PWG to the EPS
- To facilitate the development and continuous improvement of emergency communication and guidance related to it
- To provide feedback to communication related consultation and support the development of national policies and procedures
- To liaise with communication related bodies, CIPR, PRCA etc, to influence the development of emergency communication
- To represent the EPS within national groups and discussions around emergency communication
- To promote effective emergency communication to the wider EPS membership and share information
- To support other EPS PWGs in the development of effective communication
- To establish internal working sub-groups of the Communication PWG as necessary, to progress specific areas of work
- To promote the EPS through the delivery of presentations and attendance at other forums.
- To prepare and maintain an annual Business Plan and report activity against targets.
- To review Group membership and the re-elect the Chair, Vice chair and Secretary appointments on an annual basis.
No information currently available.