The Membership and Development Committee
Under the EPS Memorandum of Articles of Association, the Society is required to have a Membership & Development Committee to administer the membership appraisal system.
The Committee comprises five members, at least one of whom must be independent.
- Chris Blades: Independent Member & Appeals, Link Associates
- Sarah Alcock: Media and Crisis Management
This team carries out assessments of applications from members for upgrading membership.
Assessment Team Members
• Sarah Alcock: Media and Crisis Management
• Jo Couzens: London Borough of Lambeth
• William J Read:
• Kevin Claxton: East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
Download the Fellow Upgrade Application Form
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The Membership & Development Committee oversees all aspects of the Society’s CPD Scheme. These include:
- *co-ordinating CPD with future membership upgrades.
*reviewing the Scheme at regular intervals.
*facilitating amendments and additions to the Scheme, through the Board where necessary.
*arbitrating on issues relating to the CPD Scheme prior to any Board involvement.
*assisting with general advice, guidance and mentoring relating to CPD.
*auditing and monitoring members’ CPD records in accordance with the Society’s guidance.
*ensuring that all members are treated openly, transparently and fairly with regard to any aspect of the CPD Scheme.
Download the Introduction to CPD
Training Endorsement Scheme
- The Society’s Training Endorsement Scheme ensures that students are presented with a consistent methodology across various EPS endorsed courses. The benefits of endorsement are to:
- *ensure students are presented with a consistent methodology across various courses offered buy third party training providers. Assessments are made against the technical areas detailed in the EPS Core Competences Framework.
- *provide a means for trainers and training providers to demonstrate to prospective students that courses are provided to a high and consistent standard of content by the use of appropriate logos and wording on promotional material.
- *enable students to claim the maximum CPD points for training courses attended.
- *recommend endorsed courses only on the EPS website.
Download the Training Endorsement Scheme Handbook
Training Endorsement Scheme Handbook
Fellow Upgrade Application Form